When you bought your house, you actually loved its minimalist design. To be honest, the purchase impacted your budget pretty badly, stopping you from implementing any kind of changes, in terms of interior décor. At this point, things are a bit different. You have managed to set some money aside for a rainy day and feel ready to invest your resources in an ample kitchen remodel project. However, this doesn’t mean that you are willing to spend a small fortune on luxury additions with a negligible practical value. You just want to replace or restore old furniture pieces and give your indoor space a rapid and cost-effective facelift. If that’s the case, here are 3 starting points that could guide your kitchen remodel work in the right direction.
- Repaint Old Cabinets. Why do you feel the need to replace your old cabinets? If their surface is yet to display premature signs of wear and tear, you could choose to repaint them to improve their look and feel. Opt for a dark finish, install affordable white laminate countertops to create a lovely contrast and get creative by cutting and applying your own glass tiles for the DIY backsplash that will go in your kitchen.
- Go Retro and Save Big in the Process. Vintage wooden custom cabinets are delightful and go extremely well in any type of kitchen; nonetheless, they can be pretty expensive and require a complex maintenance process. If you use your kitchen very seldom, mostly as a lounge area, you may want to recreate an interior space that is warm, welcoming, unpretentious and fairly easy to manage. In this situation, you could design a retro kitchen that is trendy, practical and inexpensive. Go for white metallic cabinets, retro stainless steel sinks and unexpected pops of color. For example, you could choose to buy and install a powdered pink fridge or a set of heavy pastel curtains and let this surprise element become the central piece of the room. The key to success is to use a surprising combination of colors and textures to create the wow factor that your kitchen needs to stand out.
- Order and Install Upper Custom Cabinets. Are you one of those people who love to collect various appliances that they never get to use? We’ve all been down this road. If you are currently dealing with this problem, you should consider ordering a set of upper cabinets enabling you to store your items in a much more effective manner. Upper cabinets matching your existing furniture pieces will also make your room seem less cluttered and more spacious and inviting. For an inexpensive touch of glamour, install metallic fixtures and hardware with a nice, silvery finish.
Finding cost-efficient answers to your kitchen remodel challenges isn’t always easy. At Modern Kitchen, we have the creativity, skills and experience that you need to navigate through different amazing design ideas and choose the one that best meets your needs. Give us a call and let’s start working closely to reinterpret your indoor space from scratch.
Robin’s award winning designs have been recognized by several National and Regional design contests.
Latest posts by Robin Slattery (see all)
- The Ultimate Guide To Planning A Kitchen - May 14, 2019
- The Kitchen Triangle – Why You Need To Design Around It - April 9, 2019
- Making Recycling Easier In The Kitchen - March 12, 2019