Any real estate agent will tell you that bathrooms and kitchens are the first indoor spaces that capture the attention of your prospects. They can make or break your home selling. But even if you are not interested in finding a buyer for your property, at some point you will most likely want to upgrade at least one of these two rooms. Your kitchen may be your top priority. After all, this is where you spend most of your spare time cooking, reading your favorite fashion magazines, having a cup of coffee or teaand relaxing. If you are looking for a fresh source of inspiration for your kitchen remodel project, here are 3 unique, distinctive styles that you could admire and replicate.
1. Antique Kitchens. Remember the times when even the tiniest décor elements were seen as fully functional artworks? When opulent chandeliers were still living their period of glory, way before being replaced by cheap fixtures sold by the dozen? In case you are a bit nostalgic and wish to celebrate the old in a luxurious and original manner, rely on a vintage refrigerator armoire (a solid custom-made wood surround incorporating your refrigerator). Premium wood flooring, old artworks hanged on your walls, tiny wood stools, chandeliers, silverware and restored ancient furniture, like a retro island for instance, are parts of the same story and will revolutionize your indoor space.
2. Asian-Inspired Kitchen Designs. If you are mesmerized by unitary Japanese and Chinese designs, consider investing a bit of time, money and energy in your own Asian kitchen. First, pick the best color theme and start mixing different shades of brown, beige, dark green and honey. Secondly, when it comes to selecting materials, focus mostly on bamboo, quality silk, stainless steel and chrome. Bamboo-based custom kitchen cabinetsare pretty rare, thus they would represent a touch of originality for any kitchen with clear Asian influences. Maple is also a decent alternative worth considering. Last but not least, black Shaker style custom cabinets are absolutely adorable due to their convenient minimalism that usually works best for de-cluttered, simplified Asian indoors.
3. Cottage Style Kitchens. Are you remodeling on a budget? Want to stick to a timelessly elegant design that will be considered hip and outstandingly beautiful 30 years from now on? If so, try to recreate a cottage style kitchen. More feminine and delicate than country style kitchens that are practical and very rustic by definition, cottage style options usually incorporate bead board custom cabinetsand are meant to be seen, loved and used on a daily basis. Turn a basic apron sink into the focal point of the entire room and add unpretentious elements, like a round dining table to make your kitchen seem more inviting. Old chests, floral dishes and country style furniture can amplify the rustic vibe of your place.
At the end of the day, you should go for a unitary style and choose your design elements wisely, to avoid contradicting the design theme of your home.
- Gas Vs Electric Vs Convection – America’s Best Cookware Ranges - April 14, 2020
- How To Work Out Where All Your Power Points Will Go - March 10, 2020
- Where To Find Kitchen Design Inspiration - February 11, 2020