Can’t afford to shed thousands of dollars on new, super expensive kitchen cabinets signed by a prestigious manufacturing company? Not to worry! These days, you can actually channel your inner artist to craft and implement your own custom cabinetry concepts on time and on a budget. Looking for ingenious kitchen cabinet designs with an artful vibe? If so, here are four suggestions that could inspire your next project.
- Invest in Practical and Unexpected Additions. Go beyond the bulky, square or rectangular-shaped kitchen cabinets that you only use to store your pots and pans and try to see things from a different perspective. Your kitchen furniture pieces should be an integrated part of your décor and blend in smoothly with the rest of your personal belongings. On top of that, cool cabinets are designed with your needs in mind. Do you want more space to put your tiny potted plants on full display? In this case, add a shelf above your sink. Here you could store your favorite plants in elegant tea cups to achieve a perfect vintage setting that reflects beauty and practicality.
- Focus on Open Layouts That Lead to a Faultless Organization. We will let you in on a little secret: closed cabinets only encourage you to buy and store more stuff (that you don’t actually need). On the other hand, cabinet designs featuring multiple open compartments will make your room seem more airy and cool you down every single time you plan to overspend during a shopping spree. After all, where would you be able to store all those candles and super expensive dinnerware if every single inch of space comprised by your open layout has already been occupied?
- Add Hand-Painted Details. The tiniest hand-painted details, such as floral motifs, simple dots or abstract graphics can help you breathe new life into old, boring cabinets. With a coat of paint and a few splashes of color you can sign your own masterpieces and come up with exquisite cabinets that will capture everyone’s attention.
- Let the Pulls and Knobs Do the Talking. Can’t afford to spend a lot of money to replace your old cabinets? In this case, note that not all is lost. You can still achieve your goal by simply repainting your current kitchen furniture and replacing its hardware. Go for original models made from precious materials, or choose the ones that follow intriguing design ideas and come in vibrant colors. Glass knobs let you contemplate the mesmerizing glow of a transformed, vintage-like custom cabinet. Colorful ceramic knobs let you turn your kitchen into a joyful space and balance your favorite color scheme in an ideal manner. Last but not least, glass mosaic knobs and precious stone knobs are the perfect option for those who wish to turn their kitchen cabinet hardware into valuable assets and make a powerful fashion statement in the process. You may end up paying more than 100 dollars for just one knob, but in the end, the spectacular effect that these pieces ensure will justify your investment.
For more practical kitchen remodel advice, just give us a call or drop us a few lines about you and your indoor space requiring a facelift and we’ll stun you with the best suggestions matching your creativity, taste and budget.
Robin’s award winning designs have been recognized by several National and Regional design contests.
Latest posts by Robin Slattery (see all)
- The Ultimate Guide To Planning A Kitchen - May 14, 2019
- The Kitchen Triangle – Why You Need To Design Around It - April 9, 2019
- Making Recycling Easier In The Kitchen - March 12, 2019