From stainless steel overabundance to an unnecessary diversity of wood colors, shapes and textures, your kitchen has probably seen it all. Now you know better and are determined to invest in an extensive kitchen remodel project, without repeating these past mistakes.
As simple as it may seem, a kitchen extreme makeover operation is actually pretty complex and requires great skills, proper planning, premium materials and a high dosage of creativity. DIY projects are very seldom successful mostly because the homeowner who is conducting the whole process is inexperienced or not inspired to make the right changes. Here are a few disastrous mistakes that you can and should avoid, while reinventing your kitchen.
1) Don’t Overkill It. Want to play with different shades, sizes and patterns? We support your creative idea. However, in this case, moderation is the key to success. Stick to a color theme and don’t incorporate more than 2 or 3 materials when it comes to building your kitchen cabinets. Don’t combine the finest, most expensive type of words with laminates. Overdesigning your kitchen is a common mistake made by lots of enthusiastic homeowners, so don’t fall into this trap. You can always keep it simple (and beautiful) by simply investing in old-looking wooden floor and vintage marble kitchen countertops.
2) Don’t Think Small. You can also translate this into “don’t be boring.” OK, we get it: you want to create a modern, uncluttered space that leaves plenty of room for imagination. But ask yourself this: is your kitchen as blank as a white, untouched canvas, or does it actually send a message? This doesn’t mean that you have to stuff your indoor area with tons of appliances and useless decorative elements that you don’t actually need.
We’re simply encouraging you to go for the tiny details that say a lot about you and your unique personality and preferences. We could be talking about custom kitchen cabinets made from reclaimed wood, large crystal jars filled with rice or coffee beans or wagon wheel-inspired pot racks. You can turn your dull contemporary space into an old barn or you could go the other way around by ditching the current rustic feel in favor of a futuristic custom kitchen design. The possibilities are endless, so just unleash your creativity and let your kitchen remodel project tell everyone who you really are.
3) Don’t Fill All Walls with Cabinets. Cabinets are incredibly practical and enable you to keep your stuff organized. But this doesn’t mean that you have to install kitchen cabinets everywhere. When it comes to implementing these essential furniture elements, keep in mind that the final layout should reflect a perfect balance between function, storage and aesthetics.
Kitchen remodel projects can turn out to be quite a hassle, especially if you don’t know what you’re aiming for. If you are inexperienced or indecisive, just give us a call at 1-800 876 0075 and let us guide you in the right direction.
- Gas Vs Electric Vs Convection – America’s Best Cookware Ranges - April 14, 2020
- How To Work Out Where All Your Power Points Will Go - March 10, 2020
- Where To Find Kitchen Design Inspiration - February 11, 2020